Properly designing a website is everything if you want to be successful in the technology era. There are a lot of mistakes that individuals make that can easily be avoided if the right information is interpreted, understood and implemented on their website. These mistakes and failures can come anywhere from colors to even if your website is mobile and user-friendly. Therefore, here are a seven secrets to avoiding failure in website designs to enhance your knowledge of upgrading your website to make it more successful in today’s technology-driven fashion.
Table of content:-
Picking a Decent Color Scheme
Colors have a big impact on the way we view things and how we feel about something. Picking a decent color scheme for your website could be an unnerving thing, particularly in case you’re not certain about your color scheme capacity, or feel that you’re not a gifted designer.
Color layouts on any page can make or break your website. If your colors are too loud or too boring, it might be driving more traffic away from spending more time on your website. Choose colors that are relatable to your website’s themes, warm colors are easier on the eyes but you can use the color wheel to find complementary colors that will accentuate the information or products your website contains.
There are assortments of tools out there to assist us with the significant task of color schemes choice.:-
- Coolors.co Coolors.co is an easy-to-use color scheme generator for those who don’t know anything about color schemes.
- Adobe Kuler Adobe Kulers’ user-friendly, versatile, cloud-based interface creates a slick experience.
- ColoRotate With ColoRotate, explore colors and select color combinations by generating color palettes in real time 3D, just as the human brain perceives color.
- Color Blender ColorBlender’s main feature is to generate a six-color “blend” from your chosen base color, making it easy and efficient to create a complementary color scheme.
- canva color wheel Canva is a booming creative tool that many are familiar with. This secret gem generator helps create color combinations easily and automatically export them or start designing a graphic in Canva.
Which sites or resources do you use to create color schemes? Share some recommendations in the comments.
Websites Hierarchy Visualizations
Visual hierarchy refers to the arrangement or presentation of elements in a way that implies importance. In other words, visual hierarchy influences the order in which the human eye perceives what it sees. This order is created by the visual contrast between forms in a field of perception. Objects with highest contrast to their surroundings are recognized first by the human mind. The term visual hierarchy is used most frequently in the discourse of the visual arts fields, notably so within the field of graphic design. Source
Clear imagery and content reliability is the next step towards greatness on your website. Having the ability to grab the attention of someone speaks numbers. If you give your audience the ability to have a website layout that is filled with interesting content and layouts, your website will start to flourish. A good way to start is through organization and digestible content through a solid visual hierarchy.
Visual hierarchy is one of the most significant standards behind successful website design. Clear imagery and content reliability is the next step towards greatness on your website. Having the ability to grab the attention of someone speaks numbers. If you give your audience the ability to have a website layout that is filled with interesting content and layouts, your website will start to flourish. A good way to start is through organization and digestible content through a solid visual hierarchy.
You experience visual hierarchy every day. To give you a basic example for everyday experience visual hierarchy, think about when you’re looking to Facebook’s blue and white interface, what always jumps out the most? The lively red notice pointer obviously!
Becoming a master of visual hierarchy isn’t optional, it’s mandatory. As the typical web-surfing platforms expand from the traditional monitor to phones, tablets, even televisions, it’s becoming ever more important that we use strong, clear visual systems to communicate with web surfers.
Navigation, User-Friendly Buttons, And Mobility
Apart from making your website easier to read, you also need to have a user-friendly layout and navigational direction you want your traffic to see fast. This means adding in buttons in and out of the content you post and adding more calls to action pointers. Look at your website as if you were a customer, would you find it easy to navigate to the right product or page? If the answer is no, then considering the entire layout is a high priority. You can also consider if your website can be view in mobile fashion. More and more people are using their phones and tablets to find information, so make sure your website is conducted in this form to give multiple ways to view the content.
When it comes to usability, ease-of-navigation should be a top priority for web developers. The number one most annoying feature of a website is improper or confusing navigation, leaving users lost and wondering what to do next. If you’re lucky enough, some users just might scour through the website to accomplish their purpose of visiting the website. However, most users simply pop-out and add more numbers to the website bounce rate — and we all want to avoid that!
Apart from making your website easier to read, you also need to have a user-friendly layout and navigational direction you want your traffic to see fast. This means adding in buttons in and out of the content you post and adding more calls to action pointers. Look at your website as if you were a customer, would you find it easy to navigate to the right product or page? If the answer is no, then considering the entire layout is a high priority. You can also consider if your website can be view in a mobile fashion. More and more people are using their phones and tablets to find information, so make sure your website is conducted in this form to give multiple ways to view the content.
Here is a simple guideline for navigation usability:
- Embrace Predictability: Being creative with your website is nice, but don’t practice this in areas where predictability may be preferred over uniqueness.
- Keep it Simple: In a way, this goes hand-in-hand with predictability, except here you avoid making your navigation extremely difficult to comprehend.
- Don’t Overdo Minimalism: Recently minimalism has caught on and everyone seems to be reducing content, promoting “white space”, and simplifying typography.
- Keep it Consistent: It’s always good to keep the theme and structure of your pages consistent. The first time a user visits your website, he/she is going to make sense of it in just a matter of seconds (shouldn’t take longer).
- Clear Hierarchical Structure: Navigation menus should have a clear hierarchical structure with every category and clickable sub categories included in the menu.
You Should Focus On Homepage
It’s first chance to get a good impression about your business. That’s why your home page is arguably the most important page on your website, so your website visitor must see precisely what they’re looking for the moment they arrive. Defining the purpose of the website will help you see what will attract users to the site.
Keeping it minimal: In today’s times, hardly anyone reads everything they see on a web page, they do what’s called “skimming.” This is where a person scans over the content to pick up the information they are seeking by finding keywords that are related to the topic in mind. It is easier to process the information to move on to the next item on their list. This is why it is extremely important to have your homepage as minimal as possible. Use more icons, images, large headings, and even call to actions to break up the page. This will guide your traffic towards the area they are looking for and with a faster conversion rate.
Have you ever wondered which part of a piece of content is the most important? If so, then remember the following things:
- Include the necessities: Keeping things simple is the whole purpose of minimal design. Why over complicate what’s already a very full web with thousands more links and buttons ? Minimalist website design benefits users in the shape of faster loading times and better compatibility between screen sizes.
- State your company purpose: Tell your visitors exactly what you do and what problem you can solve for them with a clear. If people don’t have an understanding of what your company does, who it does it for, and how it does it differently, they are not likely to stick around to find out.
- Use meaningful graphics: It’s important tool that enhances how you communicate with other people. It serves to convey your ideas in a way that is not only effective, but also beautiful.
- Consider promoting testimonials: The websites has made it easier for clients to get recommendations not only from friends, but to see secure, verified reviews from people all over the world.
- Contact Info: Visitors should be able to find your contact information easily on your homepage. Most commonly found in the footer.
- Links to Social Media: While being active on social media channels can help you build or retain a solid audience, you want to do everything you can to make sure that both the search engines and your target consumer market can find you with the greatest of ease.
Increasing Your SEO Standards
SEO is a highlight of any successful website, as long as it has a formula and a strategy based on it. There is a lot of content that can increase your SEO standards to give your website more definition and presence on the internet. The first step to fixing this is to pinpoint your keywords that will fit perfectly with your audience. You want to find the people that are seeking you, so the more keywords that are narrowed down towards the content of your website is essential for success. Once you get that straightened out, you can then consider adding in conversion content like videos and articles that relevant to your website’s information with ultimately will lead to conversions with a strong customer retention ratio.
Comprehensible Website Content
The human language can be complicated to relate to those who do not understand large ambiguous or unclear phrases. The simple trick to make your website avoid failure would be to have a clear and precise language layout. This means to make your content easier to read and recognize, so they can comprehend it faster and easier. You can implement this tip by having the contrast of backgrounds to the colors of your text, larger fonts, easy to read fonts, easier word phrases, and sentences, as well as keeping your font selection under three different types. Each one of these points, if not directed properly, can cause a failure to your website.
The Right Tools
A huge failure to websites not obtaining traffic or retention rates is the tools used behind the scenes. This can be anything from adding keywords to creating social media platforms. You want traffic to be driven to your website form all areas of the internet, so the more different types of tools used that will increase the authority of your website will have a dramatic influence on your website’s success.
In conclusion avoiding failure in a website’s design is critical if you want your website to be successful and dominant online. Use the tips above, or consider finding someone who can do it for you, and see what a difference it can make, it does wonders.